"Wanna change the world? There's nothing to it..."
You need a subscription to access this page.
This page can only be accessed by subscribers to the JK&WTS Bullfighter Package and higher tiers. Subscribe now to get access.
BE A PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THAN ALL OF US
Original music is such an important part of our basic humanity.
Sadly, it has become devalued and homogenized in our current culture.
In the 1980s, fast-food chain Wendy's asked in their advertisements "Where's the beef?!" With popular music today, we wonder...where's the depth?!
Music fans love to talk about what's going on with the culture at large—the zeitgeist. We've had hundreds of conversations over the past few years regarding the state of the music industry, with individuals from different backgrounds, in different locations and occupations, and a wide range of ages.
One thing we all have in common? We are Bullfighters.
Why “Bullfighters"? Because we are tired of the bullshit and garbage and lies we’re force-fed on a daily basis.
We get it all the time.
From people...family and friends, coworkers and bosses, politicians and celebrities, police and priests...
To corporations...TV and radio, advertisements and junk mail, call centers and “help" desks, return policies and final notices, more advertisements—and on and on.
Bullfighters are seekers of the truth, champions of the underdog, and while Bullfighters are each unique as individuals, they hold shared beliefs about the current state of music:
- Bullfighters believe today’s culture lacks popular music with depth and meaning, and most of what we hear on the radio is music-by-numbers.
- They believe most pop “musicians” are actually corporate brands with carefully constructed & controlled images whose songs are generally written via formulas by a handful of middle-aged Scandinavian men.
- They believe major record labels only want “hits,” stripping talented artists of their creative freedom and not allowing them to make the music that they really want to.
- They are tired of greedy record labels turning talented artists into indentured servants by saddling them with debt, demanding perfection, and suppressing or ruining their potential in the process.
- They believe artists go too long between releases and should consistently be releasing new music.
- They believe that right now, with all of the possibilities offered by the internet which allow artists the unprecedented ability to have direct, one-on-one connections with their fans, we usually only hear from our favorite artists when they have something they want us to buy.
- They believe most popular artists are out of touch with (and too busy for) their fans, and that fans aren't rewarded enough for their support.
- Finally, they believe the deck is stacked against independent, do-it-yourself artists.
But there is hope...
You can show the suits who control the music industry that great songs matter more than “hits."
You can have ongoing correspondence with an artist in which your feedback is used to shape and inform their work, helping determine what they release to the public.
You can help an authentic artist earn a modest income without that artist having to go deep into debt or sign their creative freedom away to a record label.
Above all, you can restore power to the fans of music and the talented artists who create it.
And in return...
You get exactly what you want from that artist, at a high level of quality, on a regular basis, at a negligible price.
Understand: The reason JK&WTS is able to produce music, music videos, and tour the U.S. regularly is because of the Bullfighters.
Thanks to our current Bullfighters, we have the capacity to serve the culture at a pace of a new music release every 6 weeks, a new music video every 12 weeks, and a tour every 18 weeks.
By becoming a Bullfighter yourself, you'll help us to produce even more content, but most importantly, your membership will help get JK&WTS on the road across the U.S. to perform for you!
To reward you for supporting our journey, you'll get...
- Exclusive members-only access to the JK&WTS fan club page
- Two tickets to a JK&WTS show in your area (one show per year)
- All music past and present available for immediate download
- Demos of new songs for critical feedback
- 15% off merchandise online and at shows
- Free shipping for online orders (U.S. only)
- One-on-one correspondence with the JK&WTS team
...all for only $5 a month.
We hope all of that sounds like a good deal to you, and that you become a Bullfighter right now. We'll receive an email when you complete the process, and you'll get a personal thank-you from us, along with a promise to deliver the goods.
SUBSCRIBE today—join the rest of the Bullfighters, get rewarded along our journey together, and be a part of something bigger than yourself.
On the fence still? Please read the ten reasons Bullfighters are happy below, and ask yourself if you want to come along with John Kay & Who's To Say as we shake things up a bit and stick it to The Man.
The best is yet to come.
John Kay & Who's To Say
10 REASONS BULLFIGHTERS ARE HAPPY
- They love a good underdog: Bullfighters want to change the world. They’re tired of the over-commercialization of music, and they feel good supporting independent artists, being a part of something bigger than themselves, and nurturing the growth of talented creators.
- They get everything: Bullfighters get all music in digital format, continuous updates and happenings, merchandise discounts, plus free shipping and two concert tickets per year for when we come to town—bring someone you love!
- They appreciate authenticity: Bullfighters can relate with us. Unlike many other popular artists, we stay in contact with our fans, and not just about what we're working on—we talk about life, relationships, you name it.
- The cost is negligible: A basic Bullfighter membership is $5 per month, and that cost will never go up.
- They know we deliver the goods: Our music, recordings, and shows are of a consistent high quality, and we have earned a reputation for excellence which we work hard to maintain.
- They receive sneak previews: Bullfighters have access to demos of new songs prior to public release, and their thoughts and feedback help shape and inform what ultimately gets released into the world.
- Everything is automatic: All new content is delivered as soon as it is released; Bullfighters don’t have to chase it down.
- They enjoy exclusivity: Bullfighters are part of the JK&WTS inner circle, receiving inside information and members-only offers.
- JK&WTS gives back to the community: After all is said and done, 10% of any yearly profits are donated to a worthy non-profit organization.
- JK&WTS does more: We don't want to spoil any surprises, but we enjoy going above and beyond for those who become a Bullfighter.